The results are in: Bush wins

It appears that USA voters have chosen the warmongering buffoon over the windsurfing intellectual.

Ralph Nader was right all along. It should come as no surprise to progressives that Kerry failed to differentiate himself politically from Bush or to go after Bush. In the months leading up to the Iraq war, the Bush administration lied to the American people and to Congress about the reasons for going to war. Bush committed impeachable acts, yet Kerry failed to grow a spine and go after him on this. Kerry correctly said that Iraq was the wrong war at the wrong time, but he -- like Bush -- said that the troops must "stay the course" and somehow "win" the occupation of Iraq. More than 1,100 US troops and 100,000 Iraqi civilians have died because of Bush's illegal war, yet Kerry -- again, like Bush -- had no definitive plan or timeline to bring the troops home.

Another fatal mistake that Kerry made was his failure to promote single payer health care for all Americans. People are sick and tired of what passes for a health care system in this country, yet Kerry did not capitalize on this sentiment. Instead, he offered a confusing mish-mash of proposals that voters could not understand or get behind.

Instead of going on the offensive with a clear platform that the majority of Americans could relate to and get behind, Kerry let Bush define the media debate. Bush did not need to have a platform. All he had to do was keep "on-message" by labeling Kerry as inconsistent and weak. Bush and Cheney forced Kerry to be on the defensive, always having to refute charges that he would compromise the nation's security and increase taxes on small businesses.

I will be surprised if the United States of America survives the next four years of a Bush presidency. Bush voters, concerned mostly with themselves and their pocketbooks, have just given a death sentence to untold numbers of young men and women who will be called off to fight in new wars, perhaps in Syria or Iran for starters. Bush voters have just said that it is OK to ignore the effects of global warming, to let American jobs go overseas, and to roll back civil liberties. The worst president in history now has four more years to wreak havoc upon the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

All that progressives can do now is keep fighting and step up the pressure on Congress to deny Bush any free passes. Personally, I will be supporting the impeachment of George W. Bush and Dick Cheney. See http://www.votetoimpeach.org

Comments

  1. Freeze Frame, my name is Michael.

    I’ve read some of your stuff and it’s amazing! It’s as though I was looking in a mirror.

    You and I think almost exactly alike.

    I invite you to visit my blog, http://minusthemusic.blogspot.com. I’d like to hear from you.

    You make such valid points.

    My frustration level is so high these days.

    The people who did vote for Bush, and if one looks at the difference between the exit polls and the final tallies, one can plainly see that Bush didn’t receive many of his votes legitimately, will be looking down at their feet and one of them will be bleeding from that self inflicted gunshot wound.

    I’ve already written all of this. My last entry was sort of long, but I’d appreciate it if you read it and told me what you think.

    I’m glad to see another clear thinker.

    To friendship,
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freeze Frame, my name is Michael.

    I've tried to post this comment once and thought it would get posted. However, that was quite some time ago and I don't see it.

    So you may see this twice or maybe not at all. I don't understand what's wrong with this system. I've been trying to post this comment since last night.

    I’ve read some of your stuff and it’s amazing! It’s as though I was looking in a mirror.

    You and I think almost exactly alike.

    I invite you to visit my blog, http://minusthemusic.blogspot.com. I’d like to hear from you.

    You make such valid points.

    My frustration level is so high these days.

    The people who did vote for Bush, and if one looks at the difference between the exit polls and the final tallies, one can plainly see that Bush didn’t receive many of his votes legitimately, will be looking down at their feet and one of them will be bleeding from that self inflicted gunshot wound.

    I’ve already written all of this. My last entry was sort of long, but I’d appreciate it if you read it and told me what you think.

    I’m glad to see another clear thinker.

    To friendship,
    Michael

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Yellow Journalism: The FOX in the Chicken House

George W. Bush, you are under citizen's arrest!

Citizens United: The Death Rattle of Jeffersonian Democracy